Wednesday 29 June 2011

Wedding Plans

Since it's been almost a year since I blogged, I guess it's time to get back into it. I contemplated starting a new one dedicated to wedding planning (which I'm falling in love with now that I get to do it myself!), but I can't even keep up with 1 blog, so what makes me think I'd be able to stay on top of 2? So one it is...at least for now.

It's been so excited planning for my wedding! I love envisioning it all, making things myself, and seeing all the details come together. The Lord has constantly been blessing us with everything falling into place, from venue, to dress, to close friends/family being able to come all the way from England and join us for our special day. As our date gets closer (11.5.11), my excitement continues to grow at the thought of spending my life with my best friend, through good times and bad. Our heart is to return to England and be involved in ministry out there. We are waiting and praying and relying on the guidance and provision of the Lord to direct our steps in His perfect timing.

It can be overwhelming at times when you try to plan out your life yourself, and greatly disappointing when it doesn't happen as you imagined. However, when you continue to seek the Lord, He promises to direct your path. He has a perfect plan for those whose hearts are loyal to Him. We have no need to worry or stress about the future. I'm sure we will encounter difficultly, in fact the Bible promises that, however knowing that we are never alone on this journey makes all the difference. Seeing the Lord work daily in small ways enables you to trust Him fully when big things come up. This whole relationship and wedding planning has been just another example of that in my life. God's past faithfulness demands our present trust.

He has never failed. No matter what you're facing, know that you can trust Him completely. Will you trust Him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment